ARCHIVE: Top 5 home improvements that add value
Did you know that April is National Home Improvements Month? This month is run by the National Federation of Estate Agents (now known as NAEA Propertymark) and aims to provide home owners with guidance as to how they can add value to their homes by making home improvements*.
With house prices falling for the first time in almost two years according to Nationwide, making sure your house is presented as well as possible can really help sell your house for the price that you want**.
These are the top 5 home improvements that they cite as adding value to your home:
- Mirrors – mirrors can be an effective way of creating light in your property. By hanging mirrors opposite windows or which reflect light into darker corners, this can make a property look bigger and brighter.
- A pristine garden – make sure your garden is as tidy and attractive as possible. And, try to make the space appear private and secluded.
- Opening up space – by combining two small rooms into one, larger room this creates the feeling of open-plan living which is very popular currently.
- Makeover the kitchen – by giving your kitchen an overhaul, it can add value to your home. Ensure your kitchen looks attractive, hygienic and fresh.
- Get rid of busy wallpaper – try and keep your décor as neutral as possible which can make the house seem easier to move straight into.
Your Mortgage Expert is independent which means we know all the current deals and can make the most suitable recommendation for you based on your circumstances. Some of the deals may only be available through independent advisers. We are based in Salisbury, but we can help you with your mortgage no matter where you live in the UK.
To speak to Your Mortgage Expert about your next mortgage, call now on 01722 322683 or complete a contact us form and let us know when we can call you back.
We don’t charge for an initial consultation, so by speaking with us, you won’t be under any obligation. To find out more about our services and how we operate, visit our about us section.
The information contained within this article was correct at the time of publication. It is intended for information only and does not constitute advice. TenetLime cannot be held responsible for information that was correct at the time of publication but subsequently changes or goes out of date due to changes in legislation. For further information, contact Your Mortgage Expert on 01722 322683.
A MORTGAGE IS A LOAN SECURED AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.